It was one cop - a one-eyed monster.
He will be charged with and convicted of murder.
Let me update:
* Victim was a local 37yr old homeless crazy guy (diagnosed schizophrenic)
* Victim was breaking into cars at the OCTA Transportation center in Fullerton, CA
* When confronted the victim (alledgedly) assaulted the officers then ran away
* All of this was caught on multiple video cameras (not just phones).
* This occurred at a major metro bus station which is heavily monitored (for obvious reasons).
* One of the dispatchers zoomed in on the situation from almost the very beginning - we have crystal clear footage of every moment of the crime.
* The Orange County DA has opened an investigation and has requested the FBI to join in (which they have).
* The police chief has a long record and is highly respected in the region, but one rogue cop has just destroyed his entire careers work.
Now comes the shitty part:
* The prime suspect worked for LAPD back in 1999, he had been on the job for 3 weeks in South Central when he was gunned down. Took 6 rounds, one took his eye (we shall call him one-eye). He was retired from the LAPD and subsequently hired by Fullerton.
* One-eye is an extremely large and muscular man.
* One-eye beat the victim with the Butt of his taser gun after the victim was unable to resist and repreatedly tased him.
* Consensus rumor has it that the other officers were afraid of one-eye.
* The father of the victim is a retired OC Deputy and has recognized this as an opportunity to get rich on the backs of the tax payers
* The city reached out immediately to offer a settlement on their piece of liability, the father declined prefering to punish the tax payers for this crime. (must be republican)
* Fullerton Police Department (FPD) apparently has a few skeletons in the closet, nothing serious but not angels either (well hell, it is Fullerton).
* Six officers responded, but 90% of the incident took place before the 2 backup units arrived.
* FPD reports that two officers sustained broken bones during the attempt to capture and subdue. (maybe broken knuckles?)
* One officer was attempting to handcuff the victim but (involuntarily) jumped away when suddenly soaked in squirting blood from one-eyes attack.
The facts keep rolling in, but from the local media its beginning to sound like old one-eye is going down for murder. The jury will see the videos, I doubt we ever will (or should) considering the desire to not glamorize the sad end of a sorry life.
I'll post more as we hear more.
Back To Top